Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Index & Match functions - multiple criteria and multiple results

I am not sure if the following is possible, but if anyone knows, I
would greatly appreciate some help here.
What I have is the below columns of data (in A through C) (data of
course has been changed)

A B C
12345 zt12345a PizzaHutLarge
12345 xr12345a PizzaHutSmall
56789 ab56789b DominosLarge
56789 df56789a DominosSmall
23567 ty23567h PapaJohnLarge
23567 rp23567q PapaJohnSmall
23567 qw23567a PapaJohnMedium

These columns go down a couple thousand rows of data. What I would
like to allow the user to do is copy and paste unique values found in
column A into another cell column (in D let's say) and then in column
E it would list all the values from B associated with it.

For example, if the user pasted 12345 & 23567 in column D, then in
column E, the result would be

zt12345a
xr12345a
ty23567h
rp23567q
qw23567a

Can this be done? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Conor

ps - I have a workaround for this situation, but I wanted to see if
the above was possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On May 1, 6:08 pm, wrote:
[...]

I just wanted to add that the user can input as many as 10 items and
the formula will give all the matching results. I would rather not
use AutoFilter, etc.

Thanks again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This *could* be done with a formula on a single item at a time but having to
search ~2000 rows of data it wouldn't be very efficient.

So, if you have a workaround, use it!

Biff

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

This could be done with advanced Filter.
Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site for more details
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

By having a series of 10 numbers in successive columns, each one 1 row
below the previous, it would extract all of the data for you.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On May 1, 9:54 pm, "Roger Govier"
wrote:
Hi

This could be done with advanced Filter.
Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site for more detailshttp://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

By having a series of 10 numbers in successive columns, each one 1 row
below the previous, it would extract all of the data for you.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

the above was possible.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Roger & Biff. I was trying to now use a filter on this and
wanted to see if there was a formula that would work.
If you come across anything, please let me know.

Conor