Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2007 - not updating formulas

I am using Excel 2007 and just a couple days ago my spread sheets were
working fine. All of a sudden I go in to make adjustments for calculating my
payroll and the formulas won't update. For example I would copy last payrolls
data, and delete the hours information. It doesn't zero out the total column
and if I enter new data where the hours were, the formula doesn't
recalculate. Now this is in the compatibility mode. If I hit CTRL N formulas
still don't work, but if I open it brand new from the quick link in my
desktop I can format formulas, but I can't copy and paste. Can someone please
tell me what is going on and how to fix it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Automatic calculation may have gotten turned off. You can manully recalc by
pressing [F9].
To restore automatic calculation in Excel 2007 go to Orb (Office Button)
Excel options Formulas Calculating options

select Automatic.
Excel will acquire this setting from the first excel file opened in the
current session.
So if there is a file for which the caluclation method was set to manual and
that is the first file opened in a session then the calculation method will
remain at manual thouought that session unless changed by the above
procedure.
Hope this helps.

Dave

"MistyOki" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2007 and just a couple days ago my spread sheets were
working fine. All of a sudden I go in to make adjustments for calculating
my
payroll and the formulas won't update. For example I would copy last
payrolls
data, and delete the hours information. It doesn't zero out the total
column
and if I enter new data where the hours were, the formula doesn't
recalculate. Now this is in the compatibility mode. If I hit CTRL N
formulas
still don't work, but if I open it brand new from the quick link in my
desktop I can format formulas, but I can't copy and paste. Can someone
please
tell me what is going on and how to fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you Dave P for the posts. I have been using Excel for years and it was only yesterday that I had the 'not uodating' problem. Thanks a bunch for F1 and the link to your answer. =)

"MistyOki" wrote in message

On Friday, March 13, 2009 3:49 PM MistyOk wrote:

That was it! Thank you so much for your help!

"Dave P" wrote:

On Friday, March 13, 2009 3:57 PM Dave P wrote:

You're welcome.
Thanks for the feedback.