Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Updating Charts in Excel 2007

I have created a scatter diagram chart in Excel 2007. When I overwrite the
source data, populating the cells with new data, the chart does not update.
I have found the only way to change the chart is to delete all data series
and re-create them. Is there a better way?
--
dmrs
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Something is wrong; this is not how XL 2007 works.
Click on the chart and look in the formula bar.
You should see something in the form:
=SERIES(Sheet2!$E$17,Sheet2!$D$18:$D$22,Sheet2!$E$ 18:$E$22,1)
What do you see?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"dmrs" wrote in message
I have created a scatter diagram chart in Excel 2007. When I overwrite the
source data, populating the cells with new data, the chart does not
update.
I have found the only way to change the chart is to delete all data series
and re-create them. Is there a better way?
--
dmrs

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am having this same problem. Yes I do see something of the form
=SERIES(blah blah) in the formula bar.
Why doesn't the chart update? It just tells me I have invalid