Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default I need help with charts in Excel 2007

I need help with inserting dates on the axes. I have dates as my column
headings on my worksheet in row 2. I am trying to create a chart using the
dates and just the data I have entered in a particular row, say row 12. It
works fine if I chose line 3, but I need to create charts using other lines.
Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Select the data in row 2, then hold CTRL while selecting the data in another
row, and insert your chart.

Alternatively, create your chart, and on the Chart Tools Design tab,
choose Change Data, and change the reference from row 3 to row whatever.

Or select the series, locate the thin blue outline in the worksheet which
indicates the selected series' Y values, and drag the outline to the
appropriate row.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Movemout" wrote in message
I need help with inserting dates on the axes. I have dates as my column
headings on my worksheet in row 2. I am trying to create a chart using the
dates and just the data I have entered in a particular row, say row 12. It
works fine if I chose line 3, but I need to create charts using other
lines.
Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Ok I tried all 3 ideas without success. 1. Suggestion 1 results in a
completely crazy chart...too hard.
2. Suggestion 2 I have tried and and dont know how to change the reference
to row 2. When I choose change data , then edit , it asks me to enter Axis
label range. I have tried several things in there but it wont let me put in
dates and whatever else I try just appears on the chart just as I type it.

3. Suggestion 3, there is no thin blue line....

The closest to the chart I require is just by selecting say row 12 and then
creating the chart. This gives me a chart with a name that is good and the
vertical axis labels are good but not the horizontal ones. Is there ant way
of changing those.

"Movemout" wrote in message
I need help with inserting dates on the axes. I have dates as my column
headings on my worksheet in row 2. I am trying to create a chart using the
dates and just the data I have entered in a particular row, say row 12. It
works fine if I chose line 3, but I need to create charts using other
lines.
Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I have beeen to your web site and have been trying to follow your charts how
to. I have found the section about source data and I am guessing that what I
need is the Series tab which I dont seem to be able to find in Excel 2007.

"Movemout" wrote in message
I need help with inserting dates on the axes. I have dates as my column
headings on my worksheet in row 2. I am trying to create a chart using the
dates and just the data I have entered in a particular row, say row 12. It
works fine if I chose line 3, but I need to create charts using other
lines.
Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

They changed a lot of stuff in 2007. The light borders around the data
ranges (which you reported not seeing) is still there. Instead of the Source
Data dialog, you have to go to Chart Tools Design tab Data group
Select data. Select a series by name in the left hand list, and click Edit.
This brings up the Edit Series dialog, which has entry boxes for series
name, X values, and Y values.

- Jon
-------