Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MistyOki MistyOki is offline

Default Excel 2007 - not updating formulas

That was it! Thank you so much for your help!

"Dave P" wrote:

Automatic calculation may have gotten turned off. You can manully recalc by
pressing [F9].
To restore automatic calculation in Excel 2007 go to Orb (Office Button)
Excel options Formulas Calculating options

select Automatic.
Excel will acquire this setting from the first excel file opened in the
current session.
So if there is a file for which the caluclation method was set to manual and
that is the first file opened in a session then the calculation method will
remain at manual thouought that session unless changed by the above
procedure.
Hope this helps.

Dave

"MistyOki" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2007 and just a couple days ago my spread sheets were
working fine. All of a sudden I go in to make adjustments for calculating
my
payroll and the formulas won't update. For example I would copy last
payrolls
data, and delete the hours information. It doesn't zero out the total
column
and if I enter new data where the hours were, the formula doesn't
recalculate. Now this is in the compatibility mode. If I hit CTRL N
formulas
still don't work, but if I open it brand new from the quick link in my
desktop I can format formulas, but I can't copy and paste. Can someone
please
tell me what is going on and how to fix it?