Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Non-actual external links remain

Hello,

I have a lot of Excel workbooks (2000/2003 and 2007). In some of them I
have used external links in worksheet cells - like VLOOKUP etc. I have
however removed those formulas, but nevertheless, when I open such a
workbook, Excel wants still refresh the links. I have searched in
worksheets, macros and Add-Ins for scraps of those links, but never found
any. Today I created a new workbook, copied from an old workbook only one -
more or less empty - sheet. I immediately saved the new book and reopened.
All those old annoying links were copied to the new book!!! Where are they
hidden? Is there any other solution than creating the workbook from scratch?
I know, I can ignore to update the links, but still it is annoying.

--
Håkan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Make some search with keywords "find link", you'll find many answers, e.g.
Paul's and Max's ones:

Try Bill Manville's excellent "FindLink" utility?
It's available at Stephen Bullen's page:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm
--
Max
Singapore

go to the edit menu and down near the bottom the links option should be NOT
greyed out,click on that and you choose the break links option......or use
find to find all references to other workbooks
--
paul

Regards,
Stefi

€žHBj€ ezt Ã*rta:

Hello,

I have a lot of Excel workbooks (2000/2003 and 2007). In some of them I
have used external links in worksheet cells - like VLOOKUP etc. I have
however removed those formulas, but nevertheless, when I open such a
workbook, Excel wants still refresh the links. I have searched in
worksheets, macros and Add-Ins for scraps of those links, but never found
any. Today I created a new workbook, copied from an old workbook only one -
more or less empty - sheet. I immediately saved the new book and reopened.
All those old annoying links were copied to the new book!!! Where are they
hidden? Is there any other solution than creating the workbook from scratch?
I know, I can ignore to update the links, but still it is annoying.

--
HÃ¥kan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Found it, thanks.
And the program finds the links, but I can't break the link! Only options
to "Update Now", "Open Source" and "Change Source..."

Håkan

"HBj" ezt írta:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Where did it find the links? You have to delete or change formulae containing
references to external workbooks!

Regards,
Stefi

€žHBj€ ezt Ã*rta: