Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeff

Default External Links

Hi,

I get this error when I open up the spreadsheet "unable to find external
links"

So when I go to edit-- links it shows the link. It does not indicate which
cell in the worksheet is linked to the "broken" link. Does anyone know how
to find the cell in the worksheet that has the broken link?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
flummi

As far as I am aware in the error message box there are 2 buttons: Yes
and No

Yes means try to update the external links which means Excel comes up
with a file open dialogue and you can see the file name it is looking
for. You can then ctrl-f that file name in the entire worksheet.

Hans