Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formulas between worksheets

In a cell of worksheet 1 I type =; then go to worksheet 2, click on a cell;
is wrong.

The cell in worksheet 2 has a formula adding a couple of other cells. Is
that causing the problem?

I don't know what I've done wrong. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Show us the formula.

What is the content of the cell on sheet2?

Check your formatting.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Amateur" wrote:

In a cell of worksheet 1 I type =; then go to worksheet 2, click on a cell;
is wrong.

The cell in worksheet 2 has a formula adding a couple of other cells. Is
that causing the problem?

I don't know what I've done wrong. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Well it doen't look like anything wrong with the formula so

1. check to make sure calculation is set to Automatic - Tools, Options,
Calculation, Manual.
2. Check to make sure that the format if J60 (and) the cell with your
=Savings!J60*2 are not set to Text. You can enter a formula like
=ISTEXT(J60) and see if it returns TRUE, if so that is your problem.
3. You didn't tell us what the value in J60 was. For example if it's small
and you have the format on Sheet1 set to say $0.0 you might not see a result
due to display rounding.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Amateur" wrote:

In a cell of worksheet 1 I type =; then go to worksheet 2, click on a cell;
is wrong.

The cell in worksheet 2 has a formula adding a couple of other cells. Is
that causing the problem?

I don't know what I've done wrong. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for your suggestions. I've done all the checks you suggested. No
problems. Just want to check you meant automatic rather than manual should
be selected from the calculation option.

xlmate: I agree, I would have expected the formula to read =Budget!J60*2.
When I click on the cell in the budget worksheet it reads =Budget!J60 but as
soon as I select the savings worksheet it changes to =Savings!J60

Still a mystery.

"Amateur" wrote:

In a cell of worksheet 1 I type =; then go to worksheet 2, click on a cell;
is wrong.

The cell in worksheet 2 has a formula adding a couple of other cells. Is
that causing the problem?

I don't know what I've done wrong. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Amateur wrote:

xlmate: I agree, I would have expected the formula to read =Budget!J60*2.
When I click on the cell in the budget worksheet it reads =Budget!J60 but as
soon as I select the savings worksheet it changes to =Savings!J60

Still a mystery.

After clicking on J60, just type "*2" and hit enter. DO NOT reselect the other
worksheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

you have bring your focus back to the Savings sheet and that why
the formula shows =Savings!J60

you just need to press enter after linking in the Budget sheet
and it will show =Budget!J60, then click F2 and type
*2 on the formula bar

--
Hope this is helpful

Appreciate that you provide your feedback by clicking the Yes button below
if this post have helped you.

Thank You

cheers, francis