Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formulas for multiple worksheets

Hi everyone! i need help pleeeaassee... i have 3 seperate work sheets, the
first one is titled "shipping", the 2nd one is titled "receiving", and the
third one is titled "balance". My problem is i need to take the total from
G-31 on the shipping page, and the total from F-40 on the recieving page and
combine them to get the total for my balance page... I'm using excel 2002 and
i dont know if that is the problem or what? i have tried numerous different
formulas and none are working does anyone have a formula that would work for
this??? Any help would be greatly appreciated thankyou!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Firstly a couple of hints as to how you and other questioners can get the
best value out of the group:
You say you have tried various formulas, and it is always helpful if you
tell us what you've tried so that we can help you.
Similarly you say "none are working", but it is more useful if you tell us
what answer you are getting, what error message (if any) you are receiving,
what the values are in the input cells, and what answer you expected.

In this case, just click in your destination cell on the balance sheet, type
the = sign, click on the shipping sheet and in cell G31, type the + sign,
click on the receiving sheet and in cell F40, then tick to accept the
formula.

It will give you something like =shipping!G31+receiving!F40

What had you tried?
--
David Biddulph

"Matt" wrote in message
Hi everyone! i need help pleeeaassee... i have 3 seperate work sheets, the
first one is titled "shipping", the 2nd one is titled "receiving", and the
third one is titled "balance". My problem is i need to take the total from
G-31 on the shipping page, and the total from F-40 on the recieving page
and
combine them to get the total for my balance page... I'm using excel 2002
and
i dont know if that is the problem or what? i have tried numerous
different
formulas and none are working does anyone have a formula that would work
for
this??? Any help would be greatly appreciated thankyou!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you so much! i had done the one that the other guy listed above me like
this... =Shipping!G31+Recieving!F40 that was the one i was trying the most i
was using different variations like trying quotations, pranthesis etc. and
then i was looking all threw the help menus trying just about anything that
would come up... i have been trying to find something for about 3 days...
Thank you again...you really did just save me!!! appreciate it !

"Matt" wrote in message
Hi everyone! i need help pleeeaassee... i have 3 seperate work sheets, the
first one is titled "shipping", the 2nd one is titled "receiving", and the
third one is titled "balance". My problem is i need to take the total from
G-31 on the shipping page, and the total from F-40 on the recieving page
and
combine them to get the total for my balance page... I'm using excel 2002
and
i dont know if that is the problem or what? i have tried numerous
different
formulas and none are working does anyone have a formula that would work
for
this??? Any help would be greatly appreciated thankyou!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Matt

For more info on this see help on "linking" and "3D references"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP