Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mac Mac is offline

Default Using cell's contents as an index to a row ...?

Hello group,

assume two worksheets, named e.g. WS1 and WS2; on WS1 I have a listbox
filled with values 1 through 10. Now, if I make a selection, I want to use
that value as an index to the corresponding row of WS2, to acces its columns.
E.g. if I select a 2, I'd be reading columns of row 2 of WS2. I hope my
explanation is not too confusing.:-) Which formula should I use for this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Suppose the cell link cell of the List box is in cell D15 of WS1. Now you
can use the INDEX() function where the row_inout cell will be D15 of WS1.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Mac" wrote in message
Hello group,

assume two worksheets, named e.g. WS1 and WS2; on WS1 I have a listbox
filled with values 1 through 10. Now, if I make a selection, I want to use
that value as an index to the corresponding row of WS2, to acces its
columns.
E.g. if I select a 2, I'd be reading columns of row 2 of WS2. I hope my
explanation is not too confusing.:-) Which formula should I use for this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mac Mac is offline

??? "INDEX(array,row_num,column_num)"... Ashish, what do you call the
'row_inout cell'? Could you please use it in a real code?

"Mac" wrote in message
Hello group,

assume two worksheets, named e.g. WS1 and WS2; on WS1 I have a listbox
filled with values 1 through 10. Now, if I make a selection, I want to use
that value as an index to the corresponding row of WS2, to acces its
columns.
E.g. if I select a 2, I'd be reading columns of row 2 of WS2. I hope my
explanation is not too confusing.:-) Which formula should I use for this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Can you give the actual range references of data on WS1 and WS2.
Alternatively please mail the file at and explain the
problem very clearly.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com