Circe

Default Rotate a box with a cell's contents

Can you change a box's alignment with a cell's contents in
Excel? I don't want the gridline to change, just the box
that the cell is in?
Thanks
Dave Peterson

I'm not sure, but if you mean you want to change the orientation of the text
within the cell:

Format|cell|alignment tab

--

Dave Peterson
Gord Dibben

Circe

What kind of "box" is the cell in? Or do you mean the cell itelf?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:54:37 -0800, "Circe"
wrote:

Can you change a box's alignment with a cell's contents in
Excel? I don't want the gridline to change, just the box
that the cell is in?
Thanks

Circe

The user wants the box that represents the cell to be
rotated -- strange request. He says he's done it before,
but I think he probably rotated a rectangle object?
That's the only thing I can think of at the moment.
Thanks for your response.

Circe wrote:

Can you change a box's alignment with a cell's contents

in
Excel? I don't want the gridline to change, just the

box
that the cell is in?
Thanks

--

Dave Peterson
.

Yes, the user says he wants to rotate the box the cell is
in -- he says he's done it before. My thinking is he may
have used a rectangle object and then rotated that.
Thanks for your input.

wrote:

Can you change a box's alignment with a cell's contents

in
Excel? I don't want the gridline to change, just the

box
that the cell is in?
Thanks

.

Dave Peterson

Or maybe a picture of the cell.

Select the cell/range
edit|copy
select another spot
Shift|Edit|paste picture link

Then rotate that object.

When I rotated a rectangle, the text didn't change.