Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Default link to a cell's contents

Unless I mis-understand, it sounds like the VLOOKUP feature would serve you
better than linking........have you given it any condiseration?

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"bluezcruizer" wrote:

Hi.

I'm hoping you can help me out. I've got a 6-tab spreadsheet acting as a
pricelist, whereas tab one is an index page referencing the other 4 other
tabs on this spreadsheet via hyperlinks to specific cell locations on the
appropriate tabs. This is updated quarterly; about 700 hyperlinks need to be
redone each update.

What I want to do is create a hyperlink that references a specific cell's
contents so I can add or remove data from a tab and still have a hyperlink go
to the group of data it's set to go to before any updating. (IE: tab one,
hyperlink in cell a3 is linked to tab three, cell d15. In 3 months time, an
update causes the data that was in tab three cell d15 to be pushed down to
tab three cell d48.)

This would save me between 6-8 hours of labor each time this needs to be
done, as after the updates are in place I have to re-index the data manually
on those other 4 tabs and then update the existing hyperlinks and add or
remove as necessary otherwise.

2 questions: can this be done, and if so, how would I go about doing it?