Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum of items in a column if they meet two criteria in another colu

I have a spreadsheet that lists in the A column how many days an order has
been open. In the B column I have how much money the order is for. I want
to get a total dollar amount of invoices that have been open for 30 days or
less, 31 to 60 days and over 61 days. Is this something I can do with one of
the SUM functions or with SUBTOTAL?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

30 days or less:
=SUMIF(A2:A100,"<=30",B2:B100)
31 to 60 days:
=SUMIF(A2:A100,"=31",B2:B100)-=SUMIF(A2:A100,"=61",B2:B100)
61 days or mo
=SUMIF(A2:A100,"=61",B2:B100)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"vlpckett" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that lists in the A column how many days an order has
been open. In the B column I have how much money the order is for. I want
to get a total dollar amount of invoices that have been open for 30 days or
less, 31 to 60 days and over 61 days. Is this something I can do with one of
the SUM functions or with SUBTOTAL?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

HI Luke
A small Typo in the second formula
=SUMIF(A2:A100,"=31",B2:B100)-=SUMIF(A2:A100,"<=60",B2:B100)
HTH
John

"vlpckett" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that lists in the A column how many days an order has
been open. In the B column I have how much money the order is for. I want
to get a total dollar amount of invoices that have been open for 30 days or
less, 31 to 60 days and over 61 days. Is this something I can do with one of
the SUM functions or with SUBTOTAL?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

In 2007 you can use

=SUMIF(A2:A100,"<31",B2:B100)
=SUMIFS(B2:B100,A2:A100,"30",A2:A100,"<61")
=SUMIF(A2:A100,"60",B2:B100)

(Actually, your stated question skips 61 days).

In 2003:

The same first and last ones but the middle one can be written

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A10030)*(A2:A100<61)*B2:B100)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"vlpckett" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that lists in the A column how many days an order has
been open. In the B column I have how much money the order is for. I want
to get a total dollar amount of invoices that have been open for 30 days or
less, 31 to 60 days and over 61 days. Is this something I can do with one of
the SUM functions or with SUBTOTAL?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

30 days or less:
=SUMIF(A2:A25,"<=30",B2:B25)

31 to 60 days:
=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A25=31)*(A2:A25<=60)*B2:B25)

61 days or mo
=SUMIF(A2:A25,"=61",B2:B25)

--

Laura Cook

"vlpckett" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that lists in the A column how many days an order has
been open. In the B column I have how much money the order is for. I
want
to get a total dollar amount of invoices that have been open for 30 days
or
less, 31 to 60 days and over 61 days. Is this something I can do with one
of
the SUM functions or with SUBTOTAL?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You can also use pivot tables. After creating the pivot table, you can
group days into bins. No formulas required.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com