Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ck ck is offline

Default How can I write mm square, with 2 show up on top of mm.?

I want to write the unit for the motor inertia. i.e. Kg-mm2. but i want that
2 on the mm. How can I write that in excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Type Kg-mm then choose InsertSymbolselect Superscript 2OKEnter

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Ck" wrote in message
I want to write the unit for the motor inertia. i.e. Kg-mm2. but i want
that
2 on the mm. How can I write that in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hit the send button too soon.

You could create that with the method described then Copy the value.
FormatCellsNumberCustom General " Control+V to paste " Enter

The cells you have formatted this way will appear blank.
Once you type in a number, e.g. 50, then it will appear as 50 KG-mm²
This has the advantage that the number can still be used in further
calculations if required.

Rather than General, you could set the format before the text to be 0.00 or
whatever number format you want to work to.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Ck" wrote in message
I want to write the unit for the motor inertia. i.e. Kg-mm2. but i want
that
2 on the mm. How can I write that in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Feb 6, 9:47*pm, Ck wrote:
I want to write the unit for the motor inertia. i.e. Kg-mm2. but i want that
2 on the mm. How can I write that in excel?

Here is one option. First write the stuff in the cell: "mm2". With
the cell selected, go to the formula bar where "mm2" will be
displayed. With the help of the cursor just highlight/select the "2"
from the "mm2" in the formula bar. Right click, go to "Format Cells" --
Font --- Tick the checkbox for "Superscripts" under the "Effects"

heading in the "Font" Tab. --- Press "OK". Deselect the cell.

Hope this would suffice

Shriil
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you want to format a number to display the units, select the
cell(s), go to the "Format" menu, and choose "Cells". In that dialog,
choose the "Number" tab and then "Custom" in the "Category" list. In
the "Type" text box, enter

#,##0.00" Kg-mm"²

You can get the ² character by holding down the ALT key and typing
0178 on the numeric keypad (to the right of the letter keys -- don't
use the numbers above the letters. the leading 0 is required).

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009