Ska

Default Formating to show square meters ie m2

I would like to be able to format in excel the square meters symbol ,which is
m with a small 2 just above, is this possible please ?

Many thanks
Jason Morin

Select your range, press Ctrl + 1, go to the Number tab,=20
press Custom and enter:

General" m=B2"

To enter the 2 hold down the ALT key and type "0178" (no=20
quotes) on your numeric keypad.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

RagDyeR

You could enter m2 in a cell, and then select the "2" in the formula bar,
Right click in the selection and choose "Format Cells".
Then click in "SuperScript", then <OK.
--

HTH,

RD

"Ska" wrote in message
I would like to be able to format in excel the square meters symbol ,which
is
m with a small 2 just above, is this possible please ?

Many thanks

Gord Dibben

To save all that typing try this macro.

Sub sq_Meters()
Selection.NumberFormat = "0"" m" & Chr(178) & """"
'0179 for cubic meters
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:27:04 -0800, Ska wrote:

Great answer many thanks.