Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I sum data within a range?

I need to sum a range of date based on number of days? Depending on the
aging (last column) I need to total the # of bulbs, Delta Watts, Base watts
on a seperate summary sheet. I am using excel 2003, I was able to calculate
the <30 using thisformula =SUMIF(Sheet1!U:U,"<30",Sheet1!Q:Q), but I am
having difficulty with a range <=30-=60 and so on. Please help?

# Bulbs D Watts Base Watts DSM WattsAging
11 398 535 137 7
12 549 745 196 26
16 1210 1575 365 40
22 1111 1450 339 40
6 312 415 103 43
4 184 240 56 78
8 445 575 130 99
10 468 620 152 148
14 923 1200 277 148

I appreciate your help with this.

DMW
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use this:

=SUMIF(Sheet1!U:U,"<=60",Sheet1!Q:Q)-SUMIF(Sheet1!U:U,"<30",Sheet1!
Q:Q)

i.e. the sum of those less than or equal to 60 minus the sum of those
that are less than 30.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 27, 3:55*pm, DMW wrote:
I need to sum a range of date based on number of days? *Depending on the
aging (last column) I need to total the # of bulbs, Delta Watts, Base watts
on a seperate summary sheet. *I am using excel 2003, I was able to calculate
the <30 using thisformula =SUMIF(Sheet1!U:U,"<30",Sheet1!Q:Q), but I am
having difficulty with a range <=30-=60 and so on. *Please help?

# Bulbs D Watts Base Watts DSM WattsAging
11 * * *398 * * 535 * * 137 * * 7
12 * * *549 * * 745 * * 196 * * 26
16 * * *1210 * *1575 * *365 * * 40
22 * * *1111 * *1450 * *339 * * 40
6 * * * 312 * * 415 * * 103 * * 43
4 * * * 184 * * 240 * * 56 * * *78
8 * * * 445 * * 575 * * 130 * * 99
10 * * *468 * * 620 * * 152 * * 148
14 * * *923 * * 1200 * *277 * * 148

I appreciate your help with this.

DMW

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

In 2007:
=SUMIFS(Q:Q,U:U,"<=30",U:U,"=60)

In 2003
=SUMPRODUCT(--(U:U<=30),--(U:U=60),Q:Q)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"DMW" wrote:

I need to sum a range of date based on number of days? Depending on the
aging (last column) I need to total the # of bulbs, Delta Watts, Base watts
on a seperate summary sheet. I am using excel 2003, I was able to calculate
the <30 using thisformula =SUMIF(Sheet1!U:U,"<30",Sheet1!Q:Q), but I am
having difficulty with a range <=30-=60 and so on. Please help?

# Bulbs D Watts Base Watts DSM WattsAging
11 398 535 137 7
12 549 745 196 26
16 1210 1575 365 40
22 1111 1450 339 40
6 312 415 103 43
4 184 240 56 78
8 445 575 130 99
10 468 620 152 148
14 923 1200 277 148

I appreciate your help with this.

DMW

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Shane,

you can't use full-column references with Sumproduct in versions
before XL2007 (you seem to keep forgetting !!)

Pete

On Jan 27, 4:14*pm, Shane Devenshire
wrote:
Hi,

In 2007:
=SUMIFS(Q:Q,U:U,"<=30",U:U,"=60)

In 2003
=SUMPRODUCT(--(U:U<=30),--(U:U=60),Q:Q)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"DMW" wrote:
I need to sum a range of date based on number of days? *Depending on the
aging (last column) I need to total the # of bulbs, Delta Watts, Base watts
on a seperate summary sheet. *I am using excel 2003, I was able to calculate
the <30 using thisformula =SUMIF(Sheet1!U:U,"<30",Sheet1!Q:Q), but I am
having difficulty with a range <=30-=60 and so on. *Please help?

# Bulbs * *D Watts Base Watts DSM WattsAging
11 398 * * 535 * * 137 * * 7
12 549 * * 745 * * 196 * * 26
16 1210 * *1575 * *365 * * 40
22 1111 * *1450 * *339 * * 40