Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default vlookup speed question

is there a large difference in speed when you
end your formula with TRUE verses FALSE

any suggestion with vlookup on increasing speed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, if the lookup table is sorted.

See this:

http://decisionmodels.com/optspeede.htm

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dylan @ UAFC" wrote in message
is there a large difference in speed when you
end your formula with TRUE verses FALSE

any suggestion with vlookup on increasing speed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Further to Biff's reply, sometimes the lookup table is sorted, but you
still need an exact match. In this case you still have to use FALSE or
0 as the 4th parameter.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 20, 5:03*pm, Dylan @ UAFC
wrote:
is there a large difference in speed when you
end your formula with TRUE verses FALSE

any suggestion with vlookup on increasing speed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thats not entirely correct Pete, its not too hard to do exact match using
the Sorted option of Vlookup or Match when the data is sorted.

see Sorted Data with Missing values at
http://decisionmodels.com/optspeede.htm for an explanation of how to do
this.

Charles
___________________________________
The Excel Calculation Site
http://www.decisionmodels.com

wrote:
is there a large difference in speed when you
end your formula with TRUE verses FALSE

any suggestion with vlookup on increasing speed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ah yes, I had forgotten about that approach - thanks for reminding me,
Charles.

Will I see you at the User Group meeting in April?

Pete

wrote:

is there a large difference in speed when you
end your formula with TRUE verses FALSE

any suggestion with vlookup on increasing speed- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, looking forward to the April conference. I am doing 2 sessions:

All about Names and their many different flavours
Speeding Up Excel

I wanted to do a session on efficient VBA UDFs because I have a lot of good
material, but we decided it was a bit too much VBA. Maybe next time.

See you there

regards
Charles