GerryK

Default Re-calc. speed question

Would somebody happen to know if Excel 2003 takes more
time to do this function:
=IF(ISBLANK('Form B'!D2),"",'Form B'!D2)

as opposed to =('Form B'!D2)conditionally formated to
white with format condition; cell value =0 as would be
case if the target cell was blank.

The reason is that a workbook with a lot of formulas and a
lot of tabs using the first case senario, is taking a long
time to recalculate. I normally use the second senario in
my work. I coud chang I but ned to now if my time spnt
would be of ay vaue!

TIA