Ryan W

Default Can you speed UP drag speed?

Our company has recently switched over to Excel 2003 from 2000 and we've come
to find out that the drag speed is far to slow for us. I know many people had
problems with going to fast... I guess it worked for us. I'm wondering if
there is any way to speed UP the drag speed?

On some of our reports we're dragging 24,000 rows and Autofill doesn't work
for us as there are blanks in the information to the left.
bpeltzer

Can you split the window? If you split it such that the first few and last
few rows are visible, you can select the entire area to fill without having
to scroll. Select the first cell to fill, then click in the first cell to be
filled ('above' the split), ctrl+click in the last cell to be filled ('below'
the split) and paste. (In order to effect the split, ctrl+end, go up a few
rows, select the row and Window Split).
HTH. --Bruce