Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copy Picture in Excel 2007

In Excel 2003, the Copy Picture function gave you the choice of 2 Formats:
Picture and Bitmap.

I need the Bitmap Format and can't seem to find it in Excel 2007. If it is
still there, where is it?

Respectfully submitted,
Bob Myers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bob Myers -

Home tab, Clipboard group, Paste, As Picture, Copy As Picture, ...

- Mike Middleton
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com
Software and Books for Decision Analysis and Data Analysis

"Bob Myers" wrote in message
In Excel 2003, the Copy Picture function gave you the choice of 2 Formats:
Picture and Bitmap.

I need the Bitmap Format and can't seem to find it in Excel 2007. If it
is still there, where is it?

Respectfully submitted,
Bob Myers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bob Myers -

Home tab, Clipboard group, Paste, As Picture, Copy As Picture, ...

I usually use "As shown on screen, Picture," not bitmap.

But, for Excel 2007, many users report unsatisfactory images, especially
with charts. For one relevant thread, see
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...0a6b6daf84201b
In that thread, see Jon Peltier's post of March 23 and Adrienne's post of
May 2, among others.

"Bob Myers" wrote in message
In Excel 2003, the Copy Picture function gave you the choice of 2 Formats:
Picture and Bitmap.

I need the Bitmap Format and can't seem to find it in Excel 2007. If it
is still there, where is it?

Respectfully submitted,
Bob Myers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mike, thanks again for the help. I tried Adrienne's method and played around
with it for a while. The picture looks pretty good, but it looks like it
will take some effort before it will be useable in Dreamweaver -- if ever.
What I've learned is others are having the same problem I am having. Ah,
those boys in Redmond...

I have found a solution, though. I work the spreadsheet on my computer.
When it's ready, I copy the workbook on to a thumb drive, walk it across the
room, and load it into my wife's computer. Since she's still running Excel
2003, the output bitmap files it generates will readily upload into
Dreamweaver.

I also tried uninstalling 2007, and reinstalling 2003. Although it loaded a
lot of files, the installation would not (for some inexplicable reason)
complete. Hence, I seem to be stuck with 2007, and she with 2003 (at least
she better be, if she knows what's good for her).

Sorry about the email.

R/Bob