Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What happened to copy picture in Excel 2007?

In Excel 2003 and before, holding down the Shift key while clicking on Edit
produced a menu that included Copy Picture. Selecting this would copy a
picture of whatever region of the spreadsheet I had highlighted to the
clipboard. I can find no sign of this function in Excel 2007 or its help
files. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click on the Arrow on the Paste button on the Home tab

Choose "As picture"

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Gordon" wrote in message ...
In Excel 2003 and before, holding down the Shift key while clicking on Edit
produced a menu that included Copy Picture. Selecting this would copy a
picture of whatever region of the spreadsheet I had highlighted to the
clipboard. I can find no sign of this function in Excel 2007 or its help
files. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It is in the Paste Option.

Click PasteAs PictureCopy Picture

Regards,
Shailesh Shah
http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/
(Free addins Office Menu-2003 for Office-2007)
If You Can't Excel with Talent, Triumph with Effort.

"Gordon" wrote in message
In Excel 2003 and before, holding down the Shift key while clicking on
Edit
produced a menu that included Copy Picture. Selecting this would copy a
picture of whatever region of the spreadsheet I had highlighted to the
clipboard. I can find no sign of this function in Excel 2007 or its help
files. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks much. To put a "copy" feature inside a "Paste" menu is supposed to be
intuitive? And then to not document anything at all about what happened to
"Copy Picture"? This is shameful.
-- Gordon

"Gordon" wrote in message
In Excel 2003 and before, holding down the Shift key while clicking on
Edit
produced a menu that included Copy Picture. Selecting this would copy a
picture of whatever region of the spreadsheet I had highlighted to the
clipboard. I can find no sign of this function in Excel 2007 or its help
files. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I thought they hid the feature quite cleverly.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions