Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do i drag a formula

here is the formula I am using =F23/(1+0.04)^(A23-18)

how do I copy or drag the formula down and have it change to

=F23/(1+0.04)^(A23-18) then copy or drag it to change in the rows following
each other
=F24/(1+0.04)^(A24-18)
=F25/(1+0.04)^(A25-18) and so on
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Click on the cell with the formula you want to copy down. Look at the bottom
right corner of the cell... you will see a small black square. Place your
cursor over it and the cursor shape will turn into a thin, black cross. When
you see that, click the left mouse down (and leave it down) and drag the
mouse down as far as you want to copy the formula. When you reach the row
you want, release the mouse button.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"sanger" wrote in message
here is the formula I am using =F23/(1+0.04)^(A23-18)

how do I copy or drag the formula down and have it change to

=F23/(1+0.04)^(A23-18) then copy or drag it to change in the rows
following
each other
=F24/(1+0.04)^(A24-18)
=F25/(1+0.04)^(A25-18) and so on

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

if you click on the cell with the formula =F23/(1+0.04)^(A23-18). Just place
your mouse to the right end of that cell, there will appear a + (called drag
filler) just drag that down and your formula will copy down while changing
F23 and A23 accordingly.

Hope this helps.