Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to create a excell document that can be filled out by other pe

I have created a work order for my business and now I want to be able to send
it to my dealers and have them fill in the underlined blanks on the work
order. I need to know how do I go about doing this so that all of the
document cannot be change that I have done already. But where the blank spots
next to the text can be filled into by the other user and can be sent back to
me VIA email. Also I am not using outlook as my email program.
--
BRANDON
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can protect cells that you doesn't want users to change as follows :

Highlight those cells by pressing the Ctl key
Go to Format on the Menu bar
Select Cells
Select Protection tab
uncheck the Locked, click OK
Go to Tool on the Menu bar
Select Protection
choose Protect Sheet
apply your password

Does this do what you want?
Pls click Yes if this help

cheers,

"Phantom Menace" wrote:

I have created a work order for my business and now I want to be able to send
it to my dealers and have them fill in the underlined blanks on the work
order. I need to know how do I go about doing this so that all of the
document cannot be change that I have done already. But where the blank spots
next to the text can be filled into by the other user and can be sent back to
me VIA email. Also I am not using outlook as my email program.
--
BRANDON

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to create a excell document that can be filled out by othe

Thanks this helped out. I can do it this way also. It seems that a few years
ago when I did one with my older version of excel 03' I could leave a
highlighted box where the text could be filled in. This might be another
option that I could do to the unlocked cells that I am going to have now. Do
you have any input on doing this option also? If so that is great you have
already been helpful on what I can do so far. Thanks again

--
BRANDON

"Phantom Menace" wrote:

I have created a work order for my business and now I want to be able to send
it to my dealers and have them fill in the underlined blanks on the work
order. I need to know how do I go about doing this so that all of the
document cannot be change that I have done already. But where the blank spots
next to the text can be filled into by the other user and can be sent back to
me VIA email. Also I am not using outlook as my email program.
--
BRANDON

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the feedback. Glad I am of assistance.
You could highlight the cells where user can fill in data you want by
selecting the cells and click Fillcolor on the Tool bar

hope this help. Pls click Yes if this have help you.

thanks