Gordon

no excell in XP home edition wrote:
Can I view an excell document without excell which for some unknown reason is
not provided with the xp home addition. ?????

www.openoffice.org - not only can you view an excel file, you can edit
it and save it.

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk
no excell in XP home edition

Default Can I view an excell document without excell (not installed wit.

Can I view an excell document without excell which for some unknown reason is
not provided with the xp home addition. ?????
Gord Dibben

Excel is not and has never been included with any version of Windows OS.

If you had it in the past, your seller placed it on your computer.

It is part of MS Office Suite or a stand-alone application.

If you just want to view or print the Excel file you can

Download and install the Excel Viewer from....

http://office.microsoft.com/download.../xlviewer.aspx

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:17:09 -0800, "no excell in XP home edition" <no excell
in XP home wrote:

Can I view an excell document without excell which for some unknown reason is
not provided with the xp home addition. ?????

CyberTaz

Gee - do ya think he may have meant Office XP (2002) rather than Windows XP?

You can also use Word to open an Excel file as a table.

FileOpen, change File Type in bottom list to Excel Workbook or All Files &
open the file just like it was a Word document and then Save As a Word doc if
you wish.

One CAUTION, do not simply save any changes because the Excel file will be
converted to RTF and Excel may not be able to open it again.

Hope this is useful |:)

"no excell in XP home edition" wrote:

Can I view an excell document without excell which for some unknown reason is
not provided with the xp home addition. ?????

Gord Dibben

Perhaps you are correct in that assumption.

Never crossed my mind. Got stuck on the "home" part and Windows XP came to
mind.

Didn't know Office offered a Home Edition.

Gord

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 05:49:02 -0800, "CyberTaz"
wrote:

Gee - do ya think he may have meant Office XP (2002) rather than Windows XP?

You can also use Word to open an Excel file as a table.

FileOpen, change File Type in bottom list to Excel Workbook or All Files &
open the file just like it was a Word document and then Save As a Word doc if
you wish.

One CAUTION, do not simply save any changes because the Excel file will be
converted to RTF and Excel may not be able to open it again.

Hope this is useful |:)

"no excell in XP home edition" wrote:

Can I view an excell document without excell which for some unknown reason is
not provided with the xp home addition. ?????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jean D.

Default Can I edit/print an excel file without excel?

My boss sent me an Excel invoice form to fill out, but I don't have
Excel. I've downloaded the Excel viewer, so I can print it, but I'd like to
type in my name, address, and a few other items so that I don't have to write
these in every time.
My boss says they can't send it as anything but an Excel file. Is there any
way that I could save this file in another format so that I could type in
some information?
I've considered ordering the trial version of Office -- but this seems like
a lot of trouble just for one page.

Any suggestions, anyone? Jean D.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone

Jean D,

You could buy Office 97 thru Ebay pretty cheap.

You could download the free OpenOffice suite.
It will open and let you modify an Excel file.
Get it here (it is a very large file)...
http://www.openoffice.org/

You could send/take the file to someone who has Excel.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Jean D."
wrote in message
My boss sent me an Excel invoice form to fill out, but I don't have
Excel. I've downloaded the Excel viewer, so I can print it, but I'd like to
type in my name, address, and a few other items so that I don't have to write
these in every time.
My boss says they can't send it as anything but an Excel file. Is there any
way that I could save this file in another format so that I could type in
some information?
I've considered ordering the trial version of Office -- but this seems like
a lot of trouble just for one page.

Any suggestions, anyone? Jean D.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bruce Sinclair

In article , ?B?SmVhbiBELg==?= wrote:
My boss sent me an Excel invoice form to fill out, but I don't have
Excel. I've downloaded the Excel viewer, so I can print it, but I'd like to
type in my name, address, and a few other items so that I don't have to write
these in every time.
My boss says they can't send it as anything but an Excel file. Is there any
way that I could save this file in another format so that I could type in
some information?
I've considered ordering the trial version of Office -- but this seems like
a lot of trouble just for one page.

Any suggestions, anyone? Jean D.

Ask your boss again ... he is wrong. :) XL includes the option of saving it
as something else, a text file for example. Do they want the data or the
format might be another useful question to ask .. why can't you just
email them the data ? :).
As suggested elsewhere, Open office may also be an option for you.

Bruce

(if there were any)