Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bruce Sinclair

Default Can I edit/print an excel file without excel?

In article , ?B?SmVhbiBELg==?= wrote:
My boss sent me an Excel invoice form to fill out, but I don't have
Excel. I've downloaded the Excel viewer, so I can print it, but I'd like to
type in my name, address, and a few other items so that I don't have to write
these in every time.
My boss says they can't send it as anything but an Excel file. Is there any
way that I could save this file in another format so that I could type in
some information?
I've considered ordering the trial version of Office -- but this seems like
a lot of trouble just for one page.

Any suggestions, anyone? Jean D.

Ask your boss again ... he is wrong. :) XL includes the option of saving it
as something else, a text file for example. Do they want the data or the
format might be another useful question to ask .. why can't you just
email them the data ? :).
As suggested elsewhere, Open office may also be an option for you.

Bruce

(if there were any)