Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Pam

Default create printable form that has data from excell document insertet

I have information on pay for my employees on an excell spreadsheet. I need
to create a form that looks like a check stub that i can print with this
information in it each week to give to the employee. (the excell information
needs to be merged into the pay form)?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JLatham

Creating forms in Excel can be rather tedious, as you've probably realized.
Also, to create something that would spit out numerous duplicate looking
pages would require that the 'form' be replicated in Excel once for each
employee.

A better way would be to create the form in Microsoft Word as a Mail Merge
document. You can layout the form much better and it'll be nicer looking
there than from Excel unless you put a lot of effort into the Excel side.

What you will need to do is set up one sheet in your Excel workbook to act
as a Data Source for the Word Mail merge. Each employee's information should
be on a single row across the sheet, with headings for each column in row 1
on the sheet like this:
A B C D E
1 NAME SSAN RATE HOURS Gross Wages...
2 J SMITH 123-45-6789 $15.75 24.4 $384.30
3

and continue across the sheet with all information that needs to go on the
stub. You can even use references to data on other sheets to get the data
onto this one and use formulas to create some entries (like I could have used
=C2 * D2 in E2 to get the gross wages).

Each of the entries in row 1 will become Mail Merge fields when setting
things up in Word. The Mail Merge 'wizard' in Word will very much lead you
by the hand when you start building this. When you get to the part about
selecting the Data Source, choose 'browse' and identify the Excel workbook.
It will then require you to identify the worksheet in that workbook that has
this list on it. After that, it's a piece of cake.