CyberTaz

Default Data Form Deletions

Annoying for years, but perhaps the is an alternative I haven't discovered;

When finding records using the Data Form based on Criteria, the recordset is
restricted to only those which match the Criteria. However, if you delete
those found records one at a time (using the Form's delete button), once you
delete the last _matching_ record the next records in the list appear in the
form -- even though they _do not_ match the criteria. I realize it is a
matter of user recognition to notice that, but I can't begin to quantify the
number of users who have gon on to delete those additional records in error.
Particularly troublesome since Undo cannot be used to recover those records.

If I'm missing something, please advise. Otherwise I would like to suggest
either of two changes be made to the operation of the Data Form. Either;

1- Write the feature to *not* display non-matching records after the last
matching record has been deleted, resulting in an "empty" form and/or a
msgbox indicating no more records match the criteria.

2- A button written into the form to "Delete found recordset" and restores
the form to normal operation once clicked.

Thanks for your remarks |:)