Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum Begin/End selectivity

I have a 100 case composite. Using the Sum(Begin:End!A1) I composite all 100
worksheets.

Now I need to select/deselect so I can get a subset of the 100 cases. Like
picking the officers of the company by a simple Y or N.

Can this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm trying to find some way of being selective within the entire group. I've
been trying SUMIF but cannot get the formula needed.

The criteria of Y or N to include a spreadsheet is on the Input sheet with a
Y or N in the next column. I'm hoping to do this by formula to include or
exclude.

Or I alter the macro that goes out and gets the 100 cases to pick off only
the ones selected.

Dkline wrote:

I have a 100 case composite. Using the Sum(Begin:End!A1) I composite all 100
worksheets.

Now I need to select/deselect so I can get a subset of the 100 cases. Like
picking the officers of the company by a simple Y or N.

Can this be done?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I would use a helper cell on each sheet:

=if(someindicator="y",a1,0)

Then sum that helper cell.

Dkline wrote:

I have a 100 case composite. Using the Sum(Begin:End!A1) I composite all 100
worksheets.

Now I need to select/deselect so I can get a subset of the 100 cases. Like
picking the officers of the company by a simple Y or N.

Can this be done?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have had an epiphany. I had added the "Y" or "N" to indicate if the case is
to be included or not. When I start the macro, the first thing it does is
clear the contents on the 100 worksheets. Then as I go through my loop of 100
cases, if it sees the "N", it skips the call to the ImportFile subroutine
i.e. the sheet is left blank. So I don't have to do any tricks in the
spreadsheet as there are no values if the case values are not imported for
that case. I have what I need.

Thank you for your patience and assistance.