Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Crazy multi-level parsing of data

I have a large data table. I need to create extra tabs based on the following
criteria:
Each tab represents only 1 GL account number, from Column C
The data on each tab is displayed as Office codes across by Month names down.
Office codes are in column B.
Month NUMBERS (from an =MONTH based on another cell's contents) is in column
H.
Assume an absolute reference on each GL tab at $B$7 where the GL code is
entered.
Numbers to be sumed by Month/Office Code on the gL tab are in G & H (Capital
and Operational expenses) of the main table.

I have done ADDRESS and INDIRECT and all sots of compounded formulas, but I
am super stumped here. Any assistance would be terrific.
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You must understand that nobody that reads your post works in your office,
therefore nobody that reads your post has any idea what you are saying.
Your description of your large data table is scrambled in with your
description of the other sheets that you want so nobody at this end of your
post knows what you have where or what you want where.
Redo your post, if you wish, and describe your data table. That is, you
have this in this column, that in that column, etc. Then do the same thing
for the other sheets that you want generated. Be clear so that there can be
no doubt about what sheet you are talking about. What is a GL account
number? What do you want to name the other sheets?
You will need VBA for this task so details are very important for anyone to
help you. HTH Otto
"mdavison" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Otto;
A GL Code is a General Ledger Code or account. Hence the reference to
Capital and Operational expenses. Since I work for a law firm, I have to be
mindful of sensitive information. That is why I gave the column references
for the data that needs to be manipulated. The other columns are of no
consequence to what I am trying to do, they merely contain detail data on
each budgeted expense.

I was hoping to do this with out VBA. Since I don't do well with it, I wont
be able to tweak it later.

If anhyone has other ideas, I'd love to chat with you.
-Monica

"mdavison" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Crazy multi-level parsing of data - UPDATE

UPDATE: I had midnight revelation. I can do what needs to be done with a
pivot table!
Page on GL Account
Columns by Office location
Rows by month of expense.