Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Clearing scheduled work hours for weekends

I have set up an worksheet for employees that automatically populates two
rows, the day (eg. Wed) the date (e.g. 15). The first day and date are
calculated from a mm/dd/yy entered by the employee. Successive day and dates
are completed by simply adding 1 to the previous cell formula.
What formula do I use to automatically populate a third row with a
sheduled value of "7.5" for Monday - Friday and "0.0" for Saturday and
Sunday"?

e.g. DAY: Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue etc.
DATE: 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 etc.
SCHE: 7.5 7.5 7.5 0.0 0.0 7.5 7.5 etc.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Phil B,

considering your 3rd row is 3 and week days are in text format you can
use following formula.

=IF(OR(A1="sat",A1="sun"),0,7.5)

and copy horizontally.

Harshawardhan shastri

"Phil B." wrote:

I have set up an worksheet for employees that automatically populates two
rows, the day (eg. Wed) the date (e.g. 15). The first day and date are
calculated from a mm/dd/yy entered by the employee. Successive day and dates
are completed by simply adding 1 to the previous cell formula.
What formula do I use to automatically populate a third row with a
sheduled value of "7.5" for Monday - Friday and "0.0" for Saturday and
Sunday"?

e.g. DAY: Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue etc.
DATE: 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 etc.
SCHE: 7.5 7.5 7.5 0.0 0.0 7.5 7.5 etc.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

=IF(OR(B1="Sat",B1="Sun"),0,7.5)

This assumes that the first day is in cell B1.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Phil B." wrote:

I have set up an worksheet for employees that automatically populates two
rows, the day (eg. Wed) the date (e.g. 15). The first day and date are
calculated from a mm/dd/yy entered by the employee. Successive day and dates
are completed by simply adding 1 to the previous cell formula.
What formula do I use to automatically populate a third row with a
sheduled value of "7.5" for Monday - Friday and "0.0" for Saturday and
Sunday"?

e.g. DAY: Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue etc.
DATE: 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 etc.
SCHE: 7.5 7.5 7.5 0.0 0.0 7.5 7.5 etc.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Phil

=IF(WEEKDAY(B2,2)5,0.0,7,5)

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Phil B." wrote in message
I have set up an worksheet for employees that automatically populates two
rows, the day (eg. Wed) the date (e.g. 15). The first day and date are
calculated from a mm/dd/yy entered by the employee. Successive day and
dates
are completed by simply adding 1 to the previous cell formula.
What formula do I use to automatically populate a third row with a
sheduled value of "7.5" for Monday - Friday and "0.0" for Saturday and
Sunday"?

e.g. DAY: Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue etc.
DATE: 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 etc.
SCHE: 7.5 7.5 7.5 0.0 0.0 7.5 7.5 etc.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The response to this function is 0.0 for all days.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Phil

=IF(WEEKDAY(B2,2)5,0.0,7,5)

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Phil B." wrote in message
I have set up an worksheet for employees that automatically populates two
rows, the day (eg. Wed) the date (e.g. 15). The first day and date are
calculated from a mm/dd/yy entered by the employee. Successive day and
dates
are completed by simply adding 1 to the previous cell formula.
What formula do I use to automatically populate a third row with a
sheduled value of "7.5" for Monday - Friday and "0.0" for Saturday and
Sunday"?

e.g. DAY: Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue etc.
DATE: 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 etc.
SCHE: 7.5 7.5 7.5 0.0 0.0 7.5 7.5 etc.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Phil
Which row contains the Excel dates?
I assumed it was row 2.
If it is row 1, then just change to
=IF(WEEKDAY(B1,2)5,0.0,7,5)

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Phil B." wrote in message
The response to this function is 0.0 for all days.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Phil

=IF(WEEKDAY(B2,2)5,0.0,7,5)

--