Jeff Desruisseaux

Default scheduled hours total

I created a scheduling template using excel 2000. A1 shows individual shifts
(written in text format), A2 identifies the amount of hours in that shift.
Every subsequent column has the names of the scheduled employees from
sunday(A3) to saturday(A9). What I wish to do is to create a personalized
employee worksheet where I would be able to tell how many shifts and hours
each employee has in that week. Is this even possible given the design?

http://www.geocities.com/stamario2000/sample.jpg

Here is a sample of what my template looks like. Obviously the employee
names are fictitious, but I would nonetheless like to be able to have on a
separate worksheet: ddent 1 - number of shifts / number of hours...

Thanks for your help.

Chris Ferguson

How about, on your separate sheet having a cell for your required employee,
and use if statements to compare each day/shift with that required employee.

In your new sheet, copied from your template, insert a new column 'A'.

Set a1 to be the required employee.
In the Day/Shift cell try something like if(sheet1!c3 = $a$1,sheet1!c3,""),
put this formula in each day/shift and then you can produce totals as
required.
Obviously changing the employee in 'A1' would change the whole sheet.

HTH

Chris