Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default why does when i drag a formula in excel gives the same value?

in excel, when i drag the formula it gives the same value with the reference
eventhough the succeding numbers are deferent.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Oliver,

Can we see this formula?

Mike

"oliver" wrote:

in excel, when i drag the formula it gives the same value with the reference
eventhough the succeding numbers are deferent.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You may have absoluted the reference in your formula by using the $ sign.

Ashsih Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"oliver" wrote in message
in excel, when i drag the formula it gives the same value with the
reference
eventhough the succeding numbers are deferent.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Set calculation to automatic, or press F9 to recalculate manually.

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"oliver" wrote in message
in excel, when i drag the formula it gives the same value with the
reference
eventhough the succeding numbers are deferent.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Microsoft seems to have done an automatic upgrade to office, I have
noticed that all calculations default to manual calc these days, and
have for the last week or so. You need to go into Tools/Options and
change your sheet to auto calc, I find that you need to do this on
every sheet that you do new calculations in. Why fix something that
aint broke
EJ

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 14:13:30 +0530, "Ashish Mathur"
wrote:

Hi,

You may have absoluted the reference in your formula by using the $ sign.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

As far as I am aware, there has been no such change by MS.
The default setting for Calculation is picked up from the first file opened
in an Excel session.
I would think that you have recently started opening a file which has been
saved in manual calculation mode as your first file.
--
Regards
Roger Govier