-   -   why does when i drag a formula in excel gives the same value? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/202953-why-does-when-i-drag-formula-excel-gives-same-value.html)

Oliver

why does when i drag a formula in excel gives the same value?

in excel, when i drag the formula it gives the same value with the reference
eventhough the succeding numbers are deferent.

Mike H

why does when i drag a formula in excel gives the same value?

Oliver,

Can we see this formula?

Mike

"oliver" wrote:

in excel, when i drag the formula it gives the same value with the reference
eventhough the succeding numbers are deferent.

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

why does when i drag a formula in excel gives the same value?

Hi,

You may have absoluted the reference in your formula by using the $ sign.

Ashsih Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"oliver" wrote in message
in excel, when i drag the formula it gives the same value with the
reference
eventhough the succeding numbers are deferent.

Arvi Laanemets

why does when i drag a formula in excel gives the same value?

Hi

Set calculation to automatic, or press F9 to recalculate manually.

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"oliver" wrote in message
in excel, when i drag the formula it gives the same value with the
reference
eventhough the succeding numbers are deferent.

[email protected]

why does when i drag a formula in excel gives the same value?

Microsoft seems to have done an automatic upgrade to office, I have
noticed that all calculations default to manual calc these days, and
have for the last week or so. You need to go into Tools/Options and
change your sheet to auto calc, I find that you need to do this on
every sheet that you do new calculations in. Why fix something that
aint broke
EJ

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 14:13:30 +0530, "Ashish Mathur"
wrote:

Hi,

You may have absoluted the reference in your formula by using the $ sign.

Roger Govier[_3_]

why does when i drag a formula in excel gives the same value?

Hi

As far as I am aware, there has been no such change by MS.
The default setting for Calculation is picked up from the first file opened
in an Excel session.
I would think that you have recently started opening a file which has been
saved in manual calculation mode as your first file.
--
Regards
Roger Govier