Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default why does when i drag a formula in excel gives the same value?

Hi

As far as I am aware, there has been no such change by MS.
The default setting for Calculation is picked up from the first file opened
in an Excel session.
I would think that you have recently started opening a file which has been
saved in manual calculation mode as your first file.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

wrote in message
Microsoft seems to have done an automatic upgrade to office, I have
noticed that all calculations default to manual calc these days, and
have for the last week or so. You need to go into Tools/Options and
change your sheet to auto calc, I find that you need to do this on
every sheet that you do new calculations in. Why fix something that
aint broke
EJ

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 14:13:30 +0530, "Ashish Mathur"
wrote:

Hi,

You may have absoluted the reference in your formula by using the $ sign.