Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default text substitution

I am trying to get the text in a specific cell to be replaced by the last
text entered into a string of cells on a specific line.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

More information required

"Mark" wrote:

I am trying to get the text in a specific cell to be replaced by the last
text entered into a string of cells on a specific line.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have a spread sheet that tracks equipment for our company. I split the
screen because I record fuel usage and meter readings on a number of pieces
of equipment. Part of the record indicates which of our project sites the
equipment is located at. At the beginning of the month, I type the site
location in a cell and as the month progress, I type the name of the new site
if the equipment moves in a cell on that same line. What I would like to do
is have the original cell be updated any time I type a new location in that
line. Any help would be appreciated.

"Mike H" wrote:

More information required

"Mark" wrote:

I am trying to get the text in a specific cell to be replaced by the last
text entered into a string of cells on a specific line.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

So, you have 2 cells in the same line showing the same info so you can
always see one since they are far apart? Is that correct?

Why not just choose one to always be the one with the location typed
in. The other one is just "=A1", or whatever cell reference you need.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The info is the same, but the actual text varies, depending on the project
site. For example, the cell (lets say D6) I want to keep updated says
"Tumwater" and some time during the month, the equipment moves to "Dupont".
I want the spread sheet to automatically replace "Tumwater" in cell D6 with
"Dupont", which could be in any cell in line 6.