Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mark Mark is offline

Default text substitution

The info is the same, but the actual text varies, depending on the project
site. For example, the cell (lets say D6) I want to keep updated says
"Tumwater" and some time during the month, the equipment moves to "Dupont".
I want the spread sheet to automatically replace "Tumwater" in cell D6 with
"Dupont", which could be in any cell in line 6.

"Spiky" wrote:

So, you have 2 cells in the same line showing the same info so you can
always see one since they are far apart? Is that correct?

Why not just choose one to always be the one with the location typed
in. The other one is just "=A1", or whatever cell reference you need.