Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mark Mark is offline

Default text substitution

I have a spread sheet that tracks equipment for our company. I split the
screen because I record fuel usage and meter readings on a number of pieces
of equipment. Part of the record indicates which of our project sites the
equipment is located at. At the beginning of the month, I type the site
location in a cell and as the month progress, I type the name of the new site
if the equipment moves in a cell on that same line. What I would like to do
is have the original cell be updated any time I type a new location in that
line. Any help would be appreciated.

"Mike H" wrote:

More information required

"Mark" wrote:

I am trying to get the text in a specific cell to be replaced by the last
text entered into a string of cells on a specific line.