PhilS

Default Why do I get a #Name error when I use the DateDif function?

I have used the DateDif function for some time. Recently I reformatted the
drive and re-installed Office 2K. Now all the cells that have the DateDif
function entered return an #Name error. What do I need to do to correct this
problem. Thanking all in advance.
PhilS
Fredrik Wahlgren

"PhilS" wrote in message
I have used the DateDif function for some time. Recently I reformatted the
drive and re-installed Office 2K. Now all the cells that have the DateDif
function entered return an #Name error. What do I need to do to correct

this
problem. Thanking all in advance.
PhilS

You have misspellt the name. It should be DateDiff

/Fredrik

Fredrik Wahlgren

"PhilS" wrote in message
Frredrik, I changed it to DateDiff as you suggested. Still the same error.

Use the function wizard and see if that helps. It seems as if you are saying
that you have saved a sheet that worked and now, after having reinstalled
O2K, you get this error. It could be a problem with the installation.
Nothing else has changed, right?

/Fredrik

Myrna Larson

No, the worksheet function is DATEDIF. The corresponding VBA function is
DateDiff.

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 12:36:29 +0200, "Fredrik Wahlgren"
wrote:

"PhilS" wrote in message
I have used the DateDif function for some time. Recently I reformatted the
drive and re-installed Office 2K. Now all the cells that have the DateDif
function entered return an #Name error. What do I need to do to correct

this
problem. Thanking all in advance.
PhilS

You have misspellt the name. It should be DateDiff

/Fredrik

Kassie

Hi PhilS

I have searched some more, and came across the following very interesting
website, dealing with DateDif. Check it out, and maybe contact the author
for more advise. It appears that DateDif is a worksheet function, available
in Excel, but which gives #NUM and #VALUE errors. I think your installation
did not go well, hence the lack of the DateDif function, or else your
personal.xls sheet is in the wrong location?

Check out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

"PhilS" wrote:

I have used the DateDif function for some time. Recently I reformatted the
drive and re-installed Office 2K. Now all the cells that have the DateDif
function entered return an #Name error. What do I need to do to correct this
problem. Thanking all in advance.
PhilS

Fredrik Wahlgren

"Kassie" wrote in message
Hi PhilS

I have searched some more, and came across the following very interesting
website, dealing with DateDif. Check it out, and maybe contact the author
for more advise. It appears that DateDif is a worksheet function,

available
in Excel, but which gives #NUM and #VALUE errors. I think your

installation
did not go well, hence the lack of the DateDif function, or else your
personal.xls sheet is in the wrong location?

Check out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

Intersting link. But it doesn't explain why you would get #NAME. You do get
this error if you tru to insert something like =NoSuchFunction() in a cell
because Excel doesn't recognize it as a function. I haven't followed this
thread but I woul like to know what happens if you use the function wizard
and insert DateDif using parameters that should work.

/Fredrik