Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jlo jlo is offline

Default Referencing Last Cell

I have a spreadsheet that has total hours for Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun,
Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec. (B21:M21) In these fields are values up until
the current month.

I have a field called Total Hours (B7). How can I get this cell to
reference the current month? Can it be done?

So for this month I keyed 144 in the month of Aug and I want the field Total
Hours to reflect that total automatically. For next month, it should change
to the figure keyedin Sep.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUM(B20:INDEX(B21:M21,MONTH(TODAY())))

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"jlo" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has total hours for Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun,
Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec. (B21:M21) In these fields are values up
until
the current month.

I have a field called Total Hours (B7). How can I get this cell to
reference the current month? Can it be done?

So for this month I keyed 144 in the month of Aug and I want the field
Total
Hours to reflect that total automatically. For next month, it should
change
to the figure keyedin Sep.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jlo jlo is offline

I have nothing in there now. What I do is = and then click on the current
month to get that value. It probably would be easier if I just keyed the
total for the month in that cell. I was hoping to get this to be more
automated.

"jlo" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has total hours for Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun,
Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec. (B21:M21) In these fields are values up
until
the current month.

I have a field called Total Hours (B7). How can I get this cell to
reference the current month? Can it be done?

So for this month I keyed 144 in the month of Aug and I want the field
Total
Hours to reflect that total automatically. For next month, it should
change
to the figure keyedin Sep.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jlo jlo is offline

Works great except I don't want a sum, I just want the current value for the
current month. Thanks.

"jlo" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has total hours for Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun,
Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec. (B21:M21) In these fields are values up
until
the current month.

I have a field called Total Hours (B7). How can I get this cell to
reference the current month? Can it be done?

So for this month I keyed 144 in the month of Aug and I want the field
Total
Hours to reflect that total automatically. For next month, it should
change
to the figure keyedin Sep.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the data is numeric and the *last* entry in the range will be for the
current month:

=LOOKUP(1E100,B21:M21)

Or, you could modify Bob's formula:

=INDEX(B21:M21,MONTH(NOW()))