Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Referencing Last Cell

If the data is numeric and the *last* entry in the range will be for the
current month:

=LOOKUP(1E100,B21:M21)

Or, you could modify Bob's formula:

=INDEX(B21:M21,MONTH(NOW()))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"jlo" wrote in message
Works great except I don't want a sum, I just want the current value for
the
current month. Thanks.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUM(B20:INDEX(B21:M21,MONTH(TODAY())))

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"jlo" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has total hours for Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May,
Jun,
Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec. (B21:M21) In these fields are values up
until
the current month.

I have a field called Total Hours (B7). How can I get this cell to
reference the current month? Can it be done?

So for this month I keyed 144 in the month of Aug and I want the field
Total
Hours to reflect that total automatically. For next month, it should
change
to the figure keyedin Sep.