-   -   Referencing Last Cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/201375-referencing-last-cell.html)

jlo

Referencing Last Cell

I have a spreadsheet that has total hours for Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun,
Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec. (B21:M21) In these fields are values up until
the current month.

I have a field called Total Hours (B7). How can I get this cell to
reference the current month? Can it be done?

So for this month I keyed 144 in the month of Aug and I want the field Total
Hours to reflect that total automatically. For next month, it should change
to the figure keyedin Sep.

Gaurav[_3_]

Referencing Last Cell

what is the current formula in B7?

"jlo" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has total hours for Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun,
Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec. (B21:M21) In these fields are values up
until
the current month.

I have a field called Total Hours (B7). How can I get this cell to
reference the current month? Can it be done?

So for this month I keyed 144 in the month of Aug and I want the field
Total
Hours to reflect that total automatically. For next month, it should
change
to the figure keyedin Sep.

Bob Phillips[_3_]

Referencing Last Cell

=SUM(B20:INDEX(B21:M21,MONTH(TODAY())))

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"jlo" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has total hours for Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun,
Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec. (B21:M21) In these fields are values up
until
the current month.

I have a field called Total Hours (B7). How can I get this cell to
reference the current month? Can it be done?

So for this month I keyed 144 in the month of Aug and I want the field
Total
Hours to reflect that total automatically. For next month, it should
change
to the figure keyedin Sep.

jlo

Referencing Last Cell

I have nothing in there now. What I do is = and then click on the current
month to get that value. It probably would be easier if I just keyed the
total for the month in that cell. I was hoping to get this to be more
automated.

"jlo" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has total hours for Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun,
Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec. (B21:M21) In these fields are values up
until
the current month.

I have a field called Total Hours (B7). How can I get this cell to
reference the current month? Can it be done?

So for this month I keyed 144 in the month of Aug and I want the field
Total
Hours to reflect that total automatically. For next month, it should
change
to the figure keyedin Sep.

jlo

Referencing Last Cell

Works great except I don't want a sum, I just want the current value for the
current month. Thanks.

"jlo" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has total hours for Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun,
Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec. (B21:M21) In these fields are values up
until
the current month.

I have a field called Total Hours (B7). How can I get this cell to
reference the current month? Can it be done?

So for this month I keyed 144 in the month of Aug and I want the field
Total
Hours to reflect that total automatically. For next month, it should
change
to the figure keyedin Sep.

Gaurav[_3_]

Referencing Last Cell

=LOOKUP(2,1/(B21:M21<""),B21:M21)

This will return the last (Right Most) value entered in this range.

"jlo" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has total hours for Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May,
Jun,
Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec. (B21:M21) In these fields are values up
until
the current month.

I have a field called Total Hours (B7). How can I get this cell to
reference the current month? Can it be done?

So for this month I keyed 144 in the month of Aug and I want the field
Total
Hours to reflect that total automatically. For next month, it should
change
to the figure keyedin Sep.

jlo

Referencing Last Cell

Thank you. You are the best!!! Works like I want it to work!

"jlo" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has total hours for Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May,
Jun,
Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec. (B21:M21) In these fields are values up
until
the current month.

I have a field called Total Hours (B7). How can I get this cell to
reference the current month? Can it be done?

So for this month I keyed 144 in the month of Aug and I want the field
Total
Hours to reflect that total automatically. For next month, it should
change
to the figure keyedin Sep.

Gaurav[_3_]

Referencing Last Cell

You're welcome.

"jlo" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has total hours for Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr,
May,
Jun,
Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec. (B21:M21) In these fields are values
up
until
the current month.

I have a field called Total Hours (B7). How can I get this cell to
reference the current month? Can it be done?

So for this month I keyed 144 in the month of Aug and I want the
field
Total
Hours to reflect that total automatically. For next month, it
should
change
to the figure keyedin Sep.

T. Valko

Referencing Last Cell

If the data is numeric and the *last* entry in the range will be for the
current month:

=LOOKUP(1E100,B21:M21)

Or, you could modify Bob's formula:

=INDEX(B21:M21,MONTH(NOW()))