Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copying Named Range

there seem to be a lot of postings to do with Named Range Copying ... but I
have not found a simple answer to this...
I have a set of named ranges (data1, data2 etc) on one worksheet.
On a second worksheet in that workbook I want to be able to insert a copy of
the named range by simply 'pasting' the named range without having to go to
the worksheet and copy the named range, then go back to my first worksheet
and pasting....(am I making sense?)

I can do this on a single cell Name by typing '=Name' and this applies the
single cell data, but this does not accept a named range.

I am sure there is a simple way of doing this ... anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're a little unclear here.

Do you want the named range to WB specific or Sheet specific?

Meaning ... will the range reference a group of cells on *only one* sheet,
or do you want the same name used to reference identical ranges on each
individual sheet?

RD

"Blinkinhek" wrote in message
there seem to be a lot of postings to do with Named Range Copying ... but I
have not found a simple answer to this...
I have a set of named ranges (data1, data2 etc) on one worksheet.
On a second worksheet in that workbook I want to be able to insert a copy of
the named range by simply 'pasting' the named range without having to go to
the worksheet and copy the named range, then go back to my first worksheet
and pasting....(am I making sense?)

I can do this on a single cell Name by typing '=Name' and this applies the
single cell data, but this does not accept a named range.

I am sure there is a simple way of doing this ... anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

AFAIK, the only way to accomplish this is to create an array formula.

Say you've named the range A1 to A10 on Sheet1 as "test".

On any other sheet in the WB, select 10 cells down a column anywhere.

Then, type in:
=test

And use CSE (<Ctrl <Shift <Enter), to enter it as an *array*.

This will duplicate the 10 cells from A1 to A10 on Sheet1.

If you only selected, say 5 cells down a column, and then hit CSE after
entering the range name, you'll only return the first 5 cells of the
original range.

So, you can copy part of the original range if necessary,
*BUT*
you'll now have an array of data that can only be revised by revising the
*entire* array!

--
HTH,