Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default copying a named range

I have a spreadsheet containing several worksheets, each for a different
person. One of these is a Master worksheet that is copied for new people.
Each sheet has cell A1 as a named range of the persons name so that people
can be easily located from the drop down name box. A1 in the Master Sheet is
named as 'Master'.

When the Master sheet is copied to create a new sheet for a new person, the
name 'Master' goes with it to the new sheet and I am unable to rename the
cell to be the new persons name.

I need to make the named range 'Master' be specific to the Master Sheet and
not allow it to be copied. I have tried the Insert, Name, Define box and
called it 'Master!Master', but it still gets copied over.

Any help is gratefully received!