Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peter S.

Default inserting a named range into new cells based on a named cell

I want to have a range of cells copied into a new cell range based on a
single cell's input. i.e. when I type "area1" into a cell I need to have a
defined range of cells that relate to "area1" automatically conpied into a a
new range of cells.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

One way:

Assume the named range, Area1, comprises the range A1:A5.

You enter the name Area1 in C1 and want the values of that named range to
appear in F1:F5.

Select the range F1:F5.

Type this formula:

=IF(C1="","",INDIRECT(C1))

Then enter it using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER.

Biff