Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sorting data in columns

How do I sort the data in the columns, I want to make them appear in
alphabetical order?

It is a list of DVDs with some of the actors.

I've just tried to print the list, and I get two separate pages, one with
the titles on and the second with the actors, what I expected was to have a
single page with the information side by side.

How the hell do I do that.

I have done this before, but it must have been a different version of Excel
and I had no trouble then.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select both columns and DataSort on whichever column you want to be key
sort............actors or DVD titles

After sorting, FilePrint AreaSet Print Area.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:15:28 +0100, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

How do I sort the data in the columns, I want to make them appear in
alphabetical order?

It is a list of DVDs with some of the actors.

I've just tried to print the list, and I get two separate pages, one with
the titles on and the second with the actors, what I expected was to have a
single page with the information side by side.

How the hell do I do that.

I have done this before, but it must have been a different version of Excel
and I had no trouble then.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi, Alan. Describe what your data looks like, please -- what it looks like
before the sort, I mean. For example, you have the movie titles in column A,
with an actor's name in B (just one actor per movie, and in column C the year
the movie came out...what?

(It can be done, I'm sure, it just depends on what you'r starting with.)