Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Sorting Data into columns without replacing the columns with data

Hello everyone,

How do you sort data into columns without replacing other columns with data?
Example:
Column A: Column B: Column C:
Cost Ctr Asset Doc. No. Amount Cum. Amt
88888 8888 888 88888 88888

I've tried using "text to columns" but end-up replacing column b n c
respectively.
Is there a way to use "text to columns" which automatically inserts the
column without replacing the columns in the first place? it's pretty tedious
if manually inserting the no. of columns needed when you have alot of data.
Hope anyone can assist me in this matter.
thank you.

--
What we do today echoes in eternity...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The technique I use is to:

1. tell Text to Columns to put the resulting columns "far away" from the
rest of the worksheet (way to the right of the original columns)

2. select the new columns and do a mouse-over the area edge until I get the
"four-headed arrow"

3. right-click and drag the new columns over with the option:

Shift right and Move

B.T.W:

You can re-position any column using the technique.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200750