Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RaY RaY is offline

Default Can I Skip a row in my formula?

I have the same value in my table 2-4 times. However each value has a number
assigned to it in the cell to the right(1-39). If D4 is 1200 and its' number
is put into the corresponding 1200 spot, can I get excel to skip D4 and find
the next 1200 and display the number? The second lookup would be putting the
number in a different cell but skipping the first lookup value since it has
been placed in another cell.

=VLOOKUP(D4,'Schedule Breakdown'!A2:B40,2,0)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RaY RaY is offline

Clever formula. However the next 1200 is further down. Is it possible to get
excel to know that I pulled that 1200 and to get the next one?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Try this idea
=INDEX(A:B,MATCH(D4,A:A,0)+1,2)

--