Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default In Excel, how do I set a formula to skip a cell if zero?

I am looking to create a formula for that will skip the cell if nothing is
entered in it. I have an chart of inventory for the month, but each day I
enter the inventory and it calculates the average. How can I have the formula
calculate for the days entered with disregard for the empty cells?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, since that's exactly what AVERAGE() does, that's what I'd use...

But since SUM() and COUNT() also ignore blanks you *could* use

=SUM(rng)/COUNT(rng)