-   -   Can I Skip a row in my formula? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/199168-can-i-skip-row-my-formula.html)

RaY

Can I Skip a row in my formula?

I have the same value in my table 2-4 times. However each value has a number
assigned to it in the cell to the right(1-39). If D4 is 1200 and its' number
is put into the corresponding 1200 spot, can I get excel to skip D4 and find
the next 1200 and display the number? The second lookup would be putting the
number in a different cell but skipping the first lookup value since it has
been placed in another cell.

=VLOOKUP(D4,'Schedule Breakdown'!A2:B40,2,0)

Don Guillett

Can I Skip a row in my formula?

Try this idea
=INDEX(A:B,MATCH(D4,A:A,0)+1,2)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"RaY" wrote in message
I have the same value in my table 2-4 times. However each value has a
number
assigned to it in the cell to the right(1-39). If D4 is 1200 and its'
number
is put into the corresponding 1200 spot, can I get excel to skip D4 and
find
the next 1200 and display the number? The second lookup would be putting
the
number in a different cell but skipping the first lookup value since it
has
been placed in another cell.

=VLOOKUP(D4,'Schedule Breakdown'!A2:B40,2,0)

RaY

Can I Skip a row in my formula?

Clever formula. However the next 1200 is further down. Is it possible to get
excel to know that I pulled that 1200 and to get the next one?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Try this idea
=INDEX(A:B,MATCH(D4,A:A,0)+1,2)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"RaY" wrote in message
I have the same value in my table 2-4 times. However each value has a
number
assigned to it in the cell to the right(1-39). If D4 is 1200 and its'
number
is put into the corresponding 1200 spot, can I get excel to skip D4 and
find
the next 1200 and display the number? The second lookup would be putting
the
number in a different cell but skipping the first lookup value since it
has
been placed in another cell.

=VLOOKUP(D4,'Schedule Breakdown'!A2:B40,2,0)

Don Guillett

Can I Skip a row in my formula?

From a posting by Rick where 1200 is the number and 2 is the 2nd find. Array
formula that must be entered using ctrl+shift+enter

=SMALL(IF(P1:P1000<1200,"",(P1:P1000=1200)*ROW(P1 :P1000)),2)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"RaY" wrote in message
Clever formula. However the next 1200 is further down. Is it possible to
get
excel to know that I pulled that 1200 and to get the next one?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Try this idea
=INDEX(A:B,MATCH(D4,A:A,0)+1,2)

--