Old August 29th 06, 02:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default skip every other row when copying formula

I would like to be able to skip every other row when copying a formula. If I
have data in column A for example, and I want to use a simple formula in
column B like "=a1"(in cell b1) and "=a2"(in cell b3) and "=a3"(in cell b5)
and so on. I have tried using the drag and fill but I end up missing cells.

Old August 29th 06, 02:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assume your data in column A is:
11
22
33
44
55
66
77
88
99

11 is in cell A1 and 99 in in cell A11

In B1 put =A1
In cell B2 put:
=IF(ISNUMBER(B1),"",INDIRECT("A"&INT(ROW(B2)/2)+1))
Then drag it down.

In cell B1 you get 11 (obviously)
B2, B4, B6 and B8 are blank
B3 shows 22
B5 shows 33
B7 shows 44 and
B9 shows 55

--
Andy Wiggins FCCA
www.BygSoftware.com

Old August 29th 06, 02:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think you want ...

A B
1 =A1
2
3 =A2
4
5 =A4

if that is the problem,
You just copy B3, and paste it to remaining cells in B
That's it.

*** Please do rate ***

Old August 29th 06, 02:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Type formula in the first cell and nothing in the cell below.
Select these two cells; use copy
Move to Third cell and select to end of range; use Paste
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

Old August 29th 06, 03:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the reply. It works for numbers, but my cell "entries" are text.
I can't get it to work with text.

My column A is similar to:

\\test\ie\v03\0123
\\test\ie\v03\0456